Sunday, March 2, 2008

#22 (WEEK 9) Explore eBooks and Audio eBooks

I am an avid Books On Tape/CD/mp3 listener. There are points in my personal and professional life that the only time I have to read a book is while driving (which I find a bit dangerous). I have a personal digital library of well over 200 books on tape and am always looking for places to find good reads. It is also funny that just last week my principal requested the all our core novels be purchased on CD for student use. I will spend some time to see if any of our district core novels are available through the several sites listed in THING 22.

One of the links on the "Best Places to Get Free Books" site - #3 (BookCrossing - Where real books are released into the wild to be found by others - Thanks Engtech) was familiar to me. This is a site that is also advertised on the geocaching.com web site. If you are not a Geocacher and love to walk and discover new places check it out. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunt activity for anyone of any age using a hand held GPS.

No comments: