Saturday, March 1, 2008

#18 (WEEK 8) Take a look at online productivity tools (word processing, spreadsheets, and more)


This blog was created using ZOHO Writer. I see that this is a great tool for online work and accessible at any time from anywhere. I work on about 5 different workstations and often find that my documents are saved on one computer and I am at another (sometimes on another campus or at home). My email inbox is very full as I often email myself documents and save them so I have access to them at all times. ZOHO Writer or Google DOCS seems like a better solution. I like that you have most all the features found in the MS WORD program. I also like the public Docs section if I am working on a report or something that needs editing from different people such as our WASC report, School Plan or other such documents. As I was just spell-checking I did notice that some of the right-click functions are left-click functions in the program. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but I do see a use for myself and my students.

No comments: